Just when you think Globe already gave you the best of the digital lifestyle experience, here comes awesome news that will surely bring joy to each and every one of us. Disney is not really a foreign thing to us Filipinos. From young to young at hearts, we just love everything about Disney. To give us access to video-on-demand, interactive content, promotions, and other related services across multiple devices, Globe Telecom now have a comprehensive and multi-year collaboration with The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia. The relationship of Globe with Disney whose brands include Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and global leader in short-form video, Maker Studios, has been affirmed.
Watch the magical entrance of Disney’s favorite couple, Mickey and Minnie…
Please watch Disney Princess, Miss Lea Salonga as she sings her own rendition of “Let it go”.
Globe customers will now have access to an array of Disney content offerings including long- and short-form programming, interactive content and games, theatrical releases and retail promotions. Offerings include:
- Disney Movies On Demand (DMOD): an on-demand subscription service for selected evergreen Disney and Pixar titles such as the Toy Story franchise, Finding Nemo, The Princess Diaries, Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas, Cinderella and much more, that can be viewed on any device anytime, anywhere
- Disney On Demand (DOD): an on-demand subscription service for selected Disney TV favorites such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Phineas & Ferb, that can be watched on any device anytime, anywhere
- Maker On Demand: an on-demand subscription service featuring the best short-form videos from Maker Studios’ portfolio of content across gaming, comedy, music, sports, fashion, and family, to name a few, featuring popular talent from Makers’ network of 55,000 creators globally
- Maker and Globe will also team to create custom branded entertainment featuring top digital influencers—supporting the Globe service
- WATCH Disney Channel apps – entertainment apps which provide access to Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD. Kids and Family can enjoy all the 3 Disney Channels via this digital destination
- Disney Interactive: a world of mobile and web-based games, apps, and e-books based on the best-loved Disney stories
- Promotions, merchandising and retail activations that bring Disney’s latest theatrical releases closer to Filipinos
Disney, however, was not the first global brand that got closer to us because of Globe. We were also thrilled when Globe tied-up with Facebook, Google, Viber, Spotify, NBA, Hooq and recently WhatsApp. All of them is certainly relevant to make our digital lifestyle even better. Who wouldn’t agree to that? Globe has become the undisputed leader in mobile data business due to these partnerships together with the company’s US$790M network transformation program.
Globe will definitely not stop when it comes to enriching the customer’s experience with entertainment and lifestyle content offerings.
In 2014, Globe mobile browsing and other data revenues reached P14.3 billion in 2014, up 23% from P11.6 billion in the previous year, giving Globe a clear edge in the mobile data business with 64% revenue market share. The Globe network also carried significantly higher data traffic at 87,000 terabytes of data, increasing 270% from the previous year because of a significant surge in mobile browsing activity and higher smartphone adoption among its customers.