Would you believe that socks can bring so much joy? (Excuse me, but plain and boring socks are excluded) Socks lovers will definitely say yes to that. Imagine how socks can bring simple happiness especially to us ladies who are absolutely a fashion fan. I bet you have a lot of ideas in your mind as to how your socks can be you happiness buddy. Whether the lazy you just want to stay in your room the whole day and munch into your guilty pleasure snacks while reading your favorite book or the active you can’t wait to go outside and explore the world, you can wear your fashionable socks which will add spice to your style.
I was one of the guests who were thrilled by “Welcome to Happiness!” sign that welcomed us when we entered Staple and Perk Bakery during the Media Launch of Happy Socks Philippines, entitled #100HappyActs.
Happiness was written all over the venue with fun and colorful designs covering every inch of the quaint café. From the walls, crew’s outfits and even to the washroom decors, guests were treated to a day filled with happiness.
It only took us three very simple steps to happiness that day. First, register – because one way of spreading happiness would be staying connected. Second, choosing your pair of Happy Socks – because happiness is a choice (literally, in this case). And third, putting on your pair of Happy Socks – because everyone had to follow the day’s golden rule: “Shoes off, Happy Socks on!”
It was indeed a day loaded with happiness! We were treated with scrumptious food and great music. We were engaged all throughout, thanks to Play FM DJ, Justin Quirino who hosted the program.
Towards the end of the program, Justin asked everyone to help spread happiness by getting a box each from the Happiness Wall, filled with 100 boxes of Happy Socks. Each box contained 3 items from Happy Socks (either a pair of socks of different sizes or underwear). One item they could keep for themselves, and the other two they must give to a loved one along with doing a random act of kindness for them. Idea starters on how to spread happiness were written on the flaps of each box.
Also joining in on the fun during the launch were Happy Socks Singapore representative Mack Chua, wedding videographer Jason Magbanua, Oly Ruiz and Erron Ocampo of MyMetrophoto, Aze Ryan Ching of COTE Events, Bong Sare of Threelogy, celebrity mom and blogger Rica Peralejo-Bonifacio, Boys Night Out DJ Sam YG, actor and blogger AJ Dee, and makeup artist Jigs Mayuga.
Interesting facts about Happy Socks:
- Happy Socks was founded by friends Viktor Tell and Mikael Söderlindh in Sweden in 2008.
- The first store of the brand was opened in 2010 in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Today, Happy Socks is available in over 6,000 fashion apparel boutiques in more than 70 different countries in all continents
- Current retailers of the brand include Opening Ceremony, Galeries Lafayette, Selfridges, Lane Crawford, Isetan, Kitson LA, and Colette.
- Some famous names who have sported Happy Socks include Sarah Jessica Parker, Zac Efron, Paris Hilton, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gwen Stefani and Jessica Alba
- In 2012, Happy Socks opened shop in Shibuya, Tokyo, followed by New York City in 2013.
- To get to know the profile of its consumers in each country, Happy Socks opened pop-up stores in 32 different cities ranging from Singapore, Bangkok, Paris, London, Istanbul, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, São Paolo, to name a few.
- The most recent artist that Happy Socks collaborated with for a special collection is the famed rapper, actor and artist, Snoop Dogg.
- Happy Socks creates two collections every year. The Fall/Winter is released on the first day of August while the Spring/Summer is made available on February 1.
- Happy Socks has done numerous successful collaborations: Happy Socks customized Rolex, Keds, Adidas – Matchplay x Victor Tell, Wong Wong, Paris Saint-Germain by Happy Socks, and a lot more.
**Soon, Happy Socks athletic socks and underwear will be available in the Philippines come the second half of the year in selected retailers**
You can find Happy Socks in the Philippines through the following retailers nationwide:
- Coalition in Eastwood Mall
- Common Thread in Greenbelt 5 and Power Plant Mall
- Felipe & Sons in Salcedo Village, Makati
- Rustan’s, Makati
- Satchmi in SM Megamall
- Signet in Windsor Tower, Legaspi Village
- Sole Slam Manila in Katipunan Ave
- The Flastshop in Eastwood, Glorietta, and Greenhills
- The Union Station Barber Shop in The Link, Ayala Center
- Urban Athletics in Greenbelt 3
- Bao Bao Babies in Oakridge Business Park, Cebu City
- Urban Superior Cebu in Banilad Town Centre
- Chimes Specialty Store in Davao City
Keep yourself connected with Happy Socks through its different social media accounts:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happysocksph
- Twitter: @HappySocksPH
- Instagram: @HappySocksPH
For an easy online shopping experience, log on to www.dreamlablifestyle.com, and happily spread the Happy Socks experience to everyone you love!
Karina is not your ordinary supermom. She juggles her time bonding with her three amazing kids while being in the loop on the latest happenings in the tech and lifestyle scene. Follow me on Instagram (@digitalfilipina) regularly visit www.digitalfilipina.com for daily dose of updates not just for moms but for everyone!