FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce today, April 15, 2021 — the introduction of the FUJINON XF18mm F1.4 R LM WR lens (XF18mmF1.4), set to be released in May 2021. Having a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27mm and a maximum aperture of F1.4, it is the 39th lens in Fujifilm’s broad line of interchangeable lenses, made exclusively for its family of X Series mirrorless digital cameras.
Measuring 7.56cm (2.98in) in length and weighing just 370g (0.81lb), the XF18mmF1.4 has a filter size of 62mm and a minimum focusing distance of 20cm (7.9in). This makes it an ideal lens for everything from landscapes and cityscapes to portraits and weddings. Added flexibility in dimly lit environments is also provided through the lens’s wide F1.4 aperture, which also produces incredibly smooth bokeh in an image’s out-of-focus areas.
Keeping to the X Series philosophy of creating lightweight and compact imaging solutions that produce incredible image quality, the XF18mmF1.4 provides incredible optical performance without being heavy or bulky. Compared with other lenses that have a similar angle of view and aperture, these differences are sure to make the XF18mmF1.4 an easy choice among many imaging professionals for years to come.
Exceptional optical performance, even at F1.4
- The XF18mmF1.4 utilizes three aspherical lenses and one ED lens among its 15 lens elements, spread across 9 groups, to minimize chromatic and comatic aberration. This means the finest details of an image will be reproduced with high levels of detail and sharpness.
- The focusing group of six lens elements moves in unison to reduce aberration fluctuations, which can be caused by focusing, to deliver consistent sharpness at any focusing position on the lens.
Designed for versatility
- The XF18mmF1.4 has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27mm and can achieve focus on subjects 11cm (4.33in) away from the front lens element. This gives it a broad range of applications from being used to make images of everyday moments to using it to create sweeping landscapes.
Fast, accurate, and near-silent autofocus
- The XF18mmF1.4 uses an internal autofocus (AF) system, driven by a powerful linear motor, to provide fast, accurate, and near-silent AF. From the lens’s minimum object distance (MOD) of 20cm (7.87in) to infinity, the focusing group of lens elements travels a total of just 2.5mm (0.1in). This means focus can be acquired in as quickly as 0.04 seconds*1.
- If the lens must travel from MOD to infinity to acquire focus, it can still be achieved in as quickly as 0.25 seconds.
- For precise control when manually focusing, components in the manual focusing ring assembly have been specially engineered to respond with precision, especially when the focusing ring is moved slightly.
Compact, lightweight and weather-resistant
- The XF18mmF1.4 has a 62mm filter thread, measures 7.56cm (2.98in) in length, and weighs just 370g (0.81lb). This makes it incredibly lightweight and portable. While the lens barrel is made from metal, it is specially designed to weigh as little as possible without compromising its overall strength.
- The lens has weather-resistant seals at eight locations along the lens barrel, making it resistant to dust, moisture, and temperatures as low as -10°C (14°F).
- The XF18mmF1.4 has an A (Auto) Position Lock to lock the aperture ring into the A position, which prevents accidental movement.
LH-XF18 Lens Hood for the XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR – A rectangular, aluminum lens hood for XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR that helps to prevent lens flare and ghosting, which can occur when beams of light strike the front element of the lens.
2. Product name, accessories, release date, and pricing
*1 When using the FUJIFILM X-T4 in High Performance mode with phase detection AF active, measured internally according to CIPA Guidelines.