We have been taking selfies since the time of camera phones and even before the word itself exist. People were taking selfies while creating millions of reasons to justify the need in taking one such as new haircut, getting bored of waiting for someone, selfie in front of a beautiful set-up, and the likes. For whatever reason why a person is taking a selfie, one thing is for sure, the majority loves to do it and will never stop doing it. So here comes the saying, if you can’t beat them, join them!
Today we’ll take selfie into a whole new level! Strutting your best angle in front of your camera is not enough; pros have developed ways to make the perfect selfie. But no matter how pretty your face is and you think you got your best angle; the perfect selfie can only be achieved through this smoking hot package that the ASUS ZenFone Selfie has to offer.
The reason behind that statement? Well, Digital Filipina was able to unbox one and went gaga on taking selfies after.
I am thrilled to share this review of the ASUS ZenFone Selfie that will make you either get one for yourself or loved ones even before the holiday comes, or recommend it to someone you think that will thank you later.
Having that said, I’m gonna start of this article; the ASUS ZenFone Selfie Camera. Here are the facts that will support the reason for my giggles over this camera phone:
- Through the revolutionary technology fusion, they put a full-resolution 13MP with a f/2.2-aperture, five-prism Largan lens with 88-degree, wide-angle framing, and a dual-LED Real Tone flash to create natural lighting. To achieve light-speed shots, the rear camera adds an f/2.0 aperture and laser auto-focus. With the resolution of 13MP for both the front and rear camera, there is no way your real lure will not be revealed!
- All the shots with backlight (Super HDR) especially selfies will absolutely show your dash because of the ZenFone Selfie’s dual PixelMaster cameras that both include backlight (Super HDR) technology to enhance light balance, injecting realism into every shot. Special pixel-enhancing technology enables up to 400%-better brightness in dark and shaded areas.
- Selfies can still look best in low light even without the flash whether using front or rear because of its innovative pixel-merging technology that increases light sensitivity by up to four times (4X).
- Every photo reveals true-to-life colors due to the dual-LED Real Tone flash that creates the most natural illumination for indoor portrait shots. Once you press the shutter button, ZenFone Selfie delivers the perfect combination of yellow and white light to produce flash-lit shots that will capture your real tone.
- ZenFone Selfie has a zero shutter lag so don’t expect it to pause. You have to show off your best because every face you make will be captured.
- For the fastest possible clarity, the ZenFone Selfie’s rear camera uses a laser auto-focus technology. Focusing in low-light conditions is traditionally slow, but ZenFone Selfie’s laser beam measures distance at lightning speed – and that means near-instant focus. The laser auto-focus even accelerates close-ups photography, compensating for the extra distance created by the lens receding during framing.
- ZenFone Selfie’s macro focus features the five prisms Largan lens are transported by a high-precision motor, maximizing focal depth for extreme close-ups. Coupled with a software algorithm that’s exclusive to ASUS, ZenFone Selife focuses on subjects as close as 6cm (2.3in) with total clarity. Be ready to witness deeper details on your shots.
- ZenFone Selfie is packed with 17 instant presets for both front and rear PixelMaster cameras, configuring ZenFone Selfie, based on my mood or the mood that I want to project.
- The Panorama mode has a f/2.2-aperture front lens and 88-degree field of view that captures panoramic selfies of up to 140 degrees, and Panorama mode with the rear f/2.0 camera to record up to 270 degrees of scenery allowing you to capture all sides. This is the kind of panorama mode that will not disappoint anyone who used to be cropped from a group photo before.
- Believe it or not, your photo can be shot up to 52MP with the use of the ZenFone Selfie. This is possible because the four high-resolution 13MP shots are fused to create a single image of with clarity that’s four times (4X) greater than a single shot. This camera phone can truly claim the Super Resolution title!
- With my petite body structure, carrying bulky cameras is major no no! ZenFone Selfie offers professional photography that fits in my pocket and for that I’m thankful. One tap on the Manual button is all I need for a full control of 13 professional-grade settings. I can set my own shutter speed and exposure value, manually adjust the white balance, or choose the preferred ISO level — all possible with the ZenUI’s beautiful fluidity.
- ASUS ZenFone Selfie’s design is meant to those who have a soft personality. Express your positive outlook in life, the pastel way!
- The iconic ASUS design elements echo the spirit of Zen with their signature concentric-circle detailing and elegant eggshell finish will not be missed.
- Boasts the thinnest edge which is at 3.9mm
- Features the ergonomic arc design with intuitive rear selfie button which is also present in other ZenFone units,
- The rear-mounted volume-control and shutter button is ideally positioned for your index finger, so snapping selfies, adjusting the volume and retracing your steps feels as natural as your grip.
- A 5.5-inch smartphone that fits in the body of a traditional 5-inch device, and is equipped with high-resolution 1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS display that offers wide 178-degree viewing angles. This allows you to view more display rather than the handset.
- Available in three soft pastel shades; Pure White, Chic Pink, and Aqua Blue.
- Comes with the industry’s first octa-core processor — the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615, 64-bit processor — and up to 3GB of fast memory
- ZenFone Selfie has game-enhancing Adreno™ 405 graphics, 4G/LTE Advanced (Category 4) connectivity for 150Mbps download speeds and
802.11ac for 433Mbps Wi-Fi connections
- Features the 1080p (Full HD) display, crafted from the strongest Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 and exclusive ASUS TruVivid full-screen lamination (Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 is not a new thing)
- Carries the latest 4G LTE Advanced technology for high mobile data speeds — up to 150Mbps, it also supports carrier aggregation*, exploiting the bandwidth of multiple carriers for ultra-reliable, ultra-high speeds wherever you go. Please note that there are 31 countries who are already supporting carrier aggregation and many more set to do so but it varies by country, region and carrier support
- Offers speed from 433Mbps and operates in up to eight spatial streams (MIMO), employing an advanced technology called ‘beamforming’ to increase throughput and reduce power consumption.
- Incorporates exclusive ASUS TruVivid technology for the best clarity, brightness and touch responsiveness
- ZenFone Selfie ultra-sharp display reaches 72% NTSC color range so photos and video are brighter
- Supports ASUS Glove Touch technology, so it responds to your every touch, swipe and gesture — even if you’re wearing gloves.
- Features the SonicMaster technology that delivers crystal-clear audio whether you’re on headphones or speakers
- Also features the ASUS AudioWizard, the smart software that provides the best listening experience in different scenarios, including Movie Mode, Gaming Mode, Keynote Mode, Music Mode and Smart Mode.
Here are the simplified Specs of the ASUS ZenFone Selfie:
Photo captured by Samsung Galaxy S6edge
Photo captured by Zenfone Selfie
So what’s in it for you?
The Zenfone Selfie offers the same rear camera specs as the ZenFone 2, BUT, only the Zenfone Selfie has the Laser Autofocus and its front camera boasts 13MP F2.0 while the ZenFone 2 only offers 5MP F2.0 front camera. Not to mention that the Laser Autofocus technology can also be found in LG G3 and LG G4, this has a premium price compared to Zenfone Selfie.
The sad emoticon goes to:
The Zenfone Selfie is not so bad for multi-tasking and graphic heavy games but is also not the best phone if multitasking is your main concern in buying a smartphone since 3GB RAM might not be enough. That is why the phone is named as The Zenfone Selfie after all. Also the 10 hours+ of battery life compensates for that, at least for me.
The happy emoticon goes to:
I fell in love with the The Zenfone Selfie‘s front and rear camera, both having the resolution of 13MP, its zero shutter lag capability, the Panorama mode that captures all sides, the professional photography that it offers through its manual button, the 10 hours+ of battery life, its readiness to snap a shot through a simple gesture and most of all, its trendsetting tar blend of fashion and technology.
Digital Filipina has spoken:
Unleash your girl power with the help of these pastels and conquer the world of selfie by showing the “selfiezens”(term I use for citizens who religiously take selfies) how a perfect selfie is really being taken through the ZenFone Selfie. With the ZenFone Selfie, you don’t have to lose your poise when you need to hurry and get a selfie because this zen is always ready to snap your selfies. All you need to do is draw an S on the display and nothing can stop your selfie journey. Get the ASUS ZenFone Selfie for only P11,995 and your selfies will never be the same again and that’s a pinky promise!
*The Pink or White ZenFone Selfie is available at Lazada.
Karina is not your ordinary supermom. She juggles her time bonding with her three amazing kids while being in the loop on the latest happenings in the tech and lifestyle scene. Follow me on Instagram (@digitalfilipina) regularly visit www.digitalfilipina.com for daily dose of updates not just for moms but for everyone!