It’s been sixteen years since ToyCon has started, and since then, the members of its association gather every year, looking forward to what ToyCon will offer each year. ToyCon has been helping the hobby community and expanding the industry as they help members stay in touch with each other and boost the collecting hobby. The event targets the promotion of collecting and displaying all types of comics, toys, movies, animation, games and related childhood memorabilia.
This year 2017, ToyCon presents ToyCon Philippines 2017 + Pop Life FanXperience; the event aims to promote the joy of collecting as a hobby which will further advance pop culture in the Philippines. It promises bigger entertainment and a whole new playground for the digital generation.
WHAT NEW FOR THIS YEAR’S CONVENTION?
Pop Life Entertainment brings your ideas to life in the Creator Stage! All digital content creators and online celebrity aspirants can make their mark on the digital stage by creating their own content right at the Pop Life Creator Stage at the 2nd level of the SMX Convention Center. Share your genius and get a chance to be part of a global leader in multi-channel networks, Pro Am Studio!
Every Filipino fan must be delighted as they are about to encounter SEVEN big international celebrities through the TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE! These include:
Carla Perez – Rita Repulsa in the Power Rangers 90s TV Series
Charlie Bewley – The Vampire Demitri, from the Twilight movie franchise
Lindsay Mckeon – Tessa the Reaper from the hit TV series, Supernatural
Karen Fukuhara – Katana of the Suicide Squad
Stefan Capicic – Colossus in the Deadpool Movie
Cas Anvar – The voice of Altair in Assassins Creed: Revelations
Kevin McNally – Joshamee Gibbs in all 5 Pirate of the Caribbean movies
The FanXperience will certainly give lucky fans a chance to interact one-on-one with these big celebrities through the live panels and Meet & Greet sessions.
I’m wondering how is it to be around a Volturi guard such as Demetri! Will it be scary as it seems?
The ToyCon also trumpets some of the biggest exhibits in the world of popular culture and this year’s highlights include:
● Japan’s top toy brand, Kotobukiya, displays its latest line of Marvel, Star Wars and DC figurines along with the launch of the Frame Arms Girl Anime and merchandise.
● Warner Brothers feature its movie exhibit of its upcoming line of hit movies, IT, Ninjago, Justice League and the original movie prop doll of the horror cult classic, Annabelle.
● Mars Ravelo’s Superheroes are featured in their classic art and comic form courtesy of the Mars Ravelo Estate and ABS-CBN Licensing.
● The ToyCon Toy Club Gallery – The biggest toy collectors’ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands, Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego. This exhibit makes ToyCon one of the most photographed events in the country.
● Artists Alley and custom artwork – fans meet their favorite local and international guest artists for custom sketches, signing and art critiquing
● The biggest dealer floor of around 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay merchandise, toys, and collectibles
Don’t miss this year’s ToyCon which will also highlight the following:
● The grand finals of the World Cosplay Summit Philippine Championship and our very own ToyCon Cosplay Competition
● The awarding of the very first Pinoy Pop Culture Awards
● Musical performances by British electronic duo, Addictive TV, and top local bands
● ToyClicks toy photography competition and the Toy Customization contest
Enjoy a brand new set of toys in a whole new playground as the TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE happens on June 30 to July 2, 2017, SMX Convention Center, Manila Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City
The event is organized by the Asian Comics, Toys & Hobbies Collective Inc. and Pop Life Entertainment and co-presented by GLOBE. With sponsors MaxiCollector, Arigatoys, the Gaming Library, Warner Brothers Pictures, Bankee, Toy Empire, Ano Toys, Great Toys Online, Hygienix, Bully Boys Collectibles, Big Boys Toystore, Hubbyte, Kramer Toy Warden, Devant, Mogu-Mogu, and Bruder Toys.
With media partners, ABS-CBN, History Channel, Psicom, Manilascape, PBNet and Retro 105.9 DCG FM.
Visit http://www.toyconph.com/ for other details or www.facebook.com/ToyConPh
Tickets are available online at SMTickets.com
See you there!
Karina is not your ordinary supermom. She juggles her time bonding with her three amazing kids while being in the loop on the latest happenings in the tech and lifestyle scene. Follow me on Instagram (@digitalfilipina) regularly visit www.digitalfilipina.com for daily dose of updates not just for moms but for everyone!