Amid the COVID-19 scare, authorities have advised to use cashless payments in transactions, after a study has proven that the virus that causes the contagious disease can survive on banknotes for days. Apart from this, cashless transactions are also a convenient mode of paying for bills and purchases given that people are restricted to go out and attend to errands because of the enhanced community quarantine.
Other than it’s secure and seamless to use, mobile wallets that enable cashless payments like GCash also offer easy ways to cash-in. For GCash users, aside from the existing add money channels, GCash now allows putting money and paying for purchases in 7-Eleven branches, a product of a partnership it announced early this year. This means that even without physical cash on hand, as long as the customer has a GCash account with sufficient balance, he or she can pay for the items.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to pay in 7-Eleven using GCash barcode:
1. Launch your GCash App and input your password.
2. Make sure that you have enough funds to pay for your purchases.
3. Select Pay QR option.
4. Click on “Generate Code.”
5. Select GCash as a payment method.
6. Present the barcode to 7-Eleven cashier.
7. 7-Eleven cashier to scan the barcode.
8. Wait for payment confirmation, after that, the transaction is completed.
Here’s how to cash-in using scan-to-pay (STP) and barcode in 7-Eleven:
1. Launch your GCash app and input your password.
2. Click on “Cash-In” then choose 7-Eleven
3. Enter a specific amount to be added to GCash account.
4. Press on “Generate Barcode.”
5. Present the barcode to 7-Eleven cashier.
6. 7-Eleven cashier to scan the barcode.
7. Wait for confirmation, then check if the amount has been added to GCash account.
The collaboration of Globe, GCash, and 7-Eleven to bring consumers safe, quick, and easy ways to manage their money through mobile wallets aims to encourage consumers to participate in the digital financial landscape.
“By allowing 7-Eleven stores to accept GCash STP via Barcode payments, we are bringing the vision of building a cashless Philippines,” shared Anthony Thomas, GCash President.
Almost all 7-Eleven stores also have what’s called the Cliqq Kiosk where users can also add money on their GCash accounts. Through GCash, users can also send money to other GCash account holders or transfer funds directly to bank accounts, buy load, pay for online transactions, and purchase movie tickets.
For more details and information on how to get your own GCash account, visit https://www.gcash.com/.