Face-to-face classes remain suspended due to the ongoing pandemic. To address this, many have opted to shift to homeschooling or online distance learning. While this new normal has its challenges, adequate preparation and the right equipment can help make virtual education easier for students and teachers, as well parents.
Laptops and mobile devices may be top of mind when preparing for online classes, but did you know that your Smart TV is a great tool for learning, too? In these uncertain times, the television is proving to be a versatile home essential, providing so much more than just entertainment. It allows children and teens to watch educational programs, and also access enriching content over the Internet. This is beneficial to kids of all ages, enabling them to learn a multitude of things, and exposing them to new ideas and concepts, while they have fun.
Setting up a Smart TV for online learning is easy, especially when you use one with advanced functions and capabilities. The various #HisenseTvSENSEtials options, for example, are equipped with the Anyview Cast feature, which allows you to stream online learning materials wirelessly to your TV from your laptops and mobile phones. All it takes is three easy steps.
On your Windows computer:
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network where your TV is connected.
- Go to the Action Center and select the button labeled Project. Choose either Duplicate, to mirror your device screen onto the TV; or Extend, for your TV to act as a second monitor.
- Select Connect to a Wireless Display, choose your TV, and the image should appear on screen within seconds.
On your Android phone
For App casting:
- Connect your Android phone to the same wireless network where your TV is connected.
- From your Hisense TV, open Anyview Cast apps.
- From your Android phone, open your Settings and select Screen share, Dual-screen, or Screencast. Look for Smart TV and connect. The image from your smartphone should appear on your TV screen.
For Non-App casting:
- Select Source from your Hisense remote.
- From your TV, select Anyview Cast. No need to connect to any wireless network.
- From your Android phone, open the device settings and select Screen share, Dual-screen, or Screencast. Look for Smart TV and connect. The image from your smartphone should appear on your TV screen.
Feel free to enhance your video conferencing experience from your laptop by connecting your HDMI cable to the Hisense TV. Wider screen means more visual coverage and less distraction for your learning child.
The Hisense A6505 4K ULED Smart TV is a great option for anyone looking for a TV to use for distance learning. Hisense’s ULED TV maneuvers harmoniously to bring you smoother, more fluid picture quality that bursts with color, clarity and striking contrast. Available in 55” and 65” sizes, the large screen helps prevent your children from squinting their eyes during e-learning, thus preventing eye strain. The awesome picture quality with ultra-high definition ensures that you clearly see even the smallest details. It is HDR Compatible, allowing you to enhance the color, brightness, and contrast levels of your screen for a more realistic image.
This TV runs on Vidaa U, Hisense’s operating system, which is user friendly, easy to use , customizable, and reliable. The OS enables you to easily access streaming apps like YouTube and Netflix, and view your connected devices. Anyview Cast is also built into the TV, for effortless wireless streaming of content from your mobile device. Plus, awesome apps like Remote Now can make your experience even better. Download this app on your smartphone to control your TV, and you’ll never need to worry about looking for your remote again. Check the full product specs here.
Hisense is passionate about bringing the latest innovations in technology into every Filipino home, including essential home appliances and TVs. As a multinational major appliance and electronics manufacturer, the company aims to add value to the lives of its customers through the high quality, dependable, and affordable products that it offers.
Hisense products are available in leading appliance stores nationwide, and online via Hisense Official Flagship stores in LazMall (https://bit.ly/HisenseLaz7) and Shopee Mall (https://bit.ly/HisenseShP7).
Karina is not your ordinary supermom. She juggles her time bonding with her three amazing kids while being in the loop on the latest happenings in the tech and lifestyle scene. Follow me on Instagram (@digitalfilipina) regularly visit www.digitalfilipina.com for daily dose of updates not just for moms but for everyone!