Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, sets two new records at the year’s largest shopping festival, 11.11 Big Christmas Sale. With a huge array of irresistible deals, shoppers across the region bought over 2 billion items across the festival period, smashing its previous record in 2020. Excitement peaked on November 11, with visits spiking 5.5 times in the first two hours compared to an average day.
Martin Yu, Director at Shopee Philippines, said, “It brings us great joy to see the impact of our 11.11 Big Christmas Sale on shoppers, businesses, and our local communities. The digital economy continues to present many opportunities for growth, and we want to enable more people to benefit from this growth by increasing e-commerce adoption and helping more consumers and businesses go online. At the same time, we are humbled that we can use our platform to give back to the wider community and support those in need. We look forward to creating more impact for our users in the months ahead.”
Helping more shoppers access, benefit from the digital economy
11.11 Big Christmas Sale encouraged more people to access and enjoy the benefits of online shopping, particularly those outside major cities where digital awareness has been relatively lower. This resulted in a 5-time increasein the number of shoppers from rural and smaller towns, who were able to enjoy the convenience of accessing a wider variety of products on Shopee.
Beyond convenience, the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale also brought shoppers and businesses closer together. More than 3.5 billion messages were sent on the in-app Shopee Chat on November 11, as shoppers were able to interact live with sellers and get more information prior to making their purchases.
As a secure and seamless mobile wallet, ShopeePay continued to accelerate the adoption of digital payments at the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale. Across the region, more shoppers used ShopeePay to pay for their Shopee orders seamlessly, especially outside big cities where ShopeePay transactions grew 9 times from an average day.
Creating a record boost for businesses of all sizes
For businesses in the region, the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale was a springboard for growth and recovery. Local sellers benefited from the spike in shopping activity, as those joining 11.11 for the first time saw their orders surge 18 times compared to an average day.
Additionally, Shopee Mall continued to attract many shoppers who were drawn to the attractive discounts and exclusive deals from their favorite brands.
11.11 Big Christmas Sale highlights in the Philippines
- More shoppers from outside the metro: South Luzon saw the most orders in the whole country, followed by Metro Manila.
- Shoppers buy everything on Shopee: Filipinos were eagerly anticipating the unbeatable deals at the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale to meet all their needs, from branded items to daily household essentials. A user in Quezon City spent over ₱466,000 in a single order, buying motorcycle parts, electric tools, game consoles, smartphones, and tablets.
- Shopee remains the preferred one-stop-shop for home decor, essentials, and more: Shopee continues to provide a wide assortment of products at the best prices. At the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale, more Filipinos bought Home & Living, Health & Personal Care, and Women’s Apparel Filipinos have consistently prioritized health essentials and home decor during Shopee’s past sales, and the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale was no different as shoppers stocked up on face masks with over 3 million items sold, and took the time to spruce up their home for the holidays with over 800,000 wallpapers sold.
- Shoppers take advantage of deals from their favorite brands on Shopee Mall: Filipino favorites such as Uni-Care, Unilever Beauty, Xiaomi, NIVEA, and INSPI received the most orders from shoppers during the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale.
- Shoppers found endless fun and joy throughout 11.11 Big Christmas Sale: Live streaming continued to be a core part of the online shopping experience. 5 million hours of live streams were watched on Shopee Live, as users connected with sellers and caught NCT 127 and other top stars live on Shopee. Over 270 million plays were recorded on Shopee Prizes in the Philippines, as users enjoyed more fun and rewards at 11.11.
- ShopeePay brings more rewards to users, serves more payment needs: This 11.11, more shoppers used ShopeePay for greater convenience, security, and value.
- Seamless payments both online and offline with ‘Deals near Me’: Through ‘Deals near Me,’ Shopee’s location-based feature, shoppers discovered the best deals offered by merchants nearby and showed their support with over 2 million offline payment vouchers claimed.
- Meeting all payment needs with ShopeePay: ShopeePay has also become more deeply integrated with users’ lifestyles by serving multiple payment needs, including bills and tax payments. During 11.11, almost 100,000 users used ShopeePay to make their utility bill payments, benefitting from rewards in the form of cashbacks.
Shop from the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale: https://shopee.ph/m/christmas-sale
Download Shopee for free on the App Store or Google Play Store.
 Compared to an average day
Karina is not your ordinary supermom. She juggles her time bonding with her three amazing kids while being in the loop on the latest happenings in the tech and lifestyle scene. Follow me on Instagram (@digitalfilipina) regularly visit www.digitalfilipina.com for daily dose of updates not just for moms but for everyone!