In today’s very mobile lifestyle, most of us rely on our smartphones in almost every task. Aside from its main purpose, we use our phones for calculation, alarms, notes, calendars and other plenty of applications that are undeniably useful and essential. Entertainment nowadays just stays inside our pocket or purse, through our smartphones. Whenever we feel like we want to share videos or watch our favorite shows, we can do it in just a snap. A phone that features TV is not a new thing. We experienced watching live shows from our phone years ago, but the quality was not that outstanding.
Starmobile, the country’s most innovative mobile brand, now brings a new take on Pinoy TV viewing. They now offer free and cable quality TV on the go as they launched the country’s first-ever line of digital TV phones. These mobile hybrids allow you to watch Digital TV (DTV) channels for FREE anytime and anywhere DTV services are available.
The technology and versatility of DTV phones mark a new era in Philippine mobile functionality. Starmobile has always put the wants and needs of Pinoy mobile users first, and digital TV phones would fit well into the modern and very mobile lifestyle of today’s Filipinos. With its souped-up line of DTV devices, Starmobile is set to affect the industry and influence the future of mobile.
What to expect in Starmobile’s Line of Digital TV Phones:
- Crisper, high-quality video means more emphasis on great artistry. Any advances in the quality of video the average viewer can watch have called for the industry to update the way they do things, from the makeup techniques used on actors to visual effects achieved through filming or production.
- Mobile viewing makes TV a solo affair. Because you can now watch your favorite TV channels on your mobile through Starmobile, it means you don’t have to fight for control of the remote control whenever your favorite show is on air.
- Digital recording spreads viewing times out. Primetime may not be prime any longer as real-time recording functions on Starmobile digital TV phones mean that you can wait until later in the evening or even another day entirely before you watch a TV show you’ve been meaning to catch. That frees up your social life so you don’t have to make the decision between finding out what happens on the season finale of your favorite show and meeting your barkada for dinner.
- ‘Anytime, anywhere’ means quality TV programming can and should be 24/7. If you’re channel surfing in the wee hours of the morning these days, you’ll often find channels replaying old (sometimes very, very old) episodes of their shows. But with the Starmobile DTV phones, now you can watch your shows in bed even without a TV in your room, and you can record shows you might not be able to watch when they air. This sense of easy access means that smaller channels may want to capitalize on bigger channels’ “dead times” and air new content across the region, or top-level TV channels may want to invest in more new shows as the need for reruns will eventually become pretty much defunct. And more shows just mean more TV fun, right?
Now, for our gamer peeps, this phone is also for you as you will absolutely love the responsiveness of the system as well as the HD screen, something people who download a lot of videos will get a kick out of, not to mention the huge memory available for use.
These gadgets also come with great cameras that Instagrammers and photo-foodies will definitely love, along with folks who like to capture moments in time via video (like parents and travel junkies).
These supers are now available in Starmobile Stores and Kiosks nationwide.
Choose from these three models to be in on the most fun trend in mobile gadgets:
1. The KNIGHT Vision (P9, 990)
- comes with a quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM
- features an HD screen in-plane switching, which means that images look great from any angle, making it perfect for watching vids
- comes with real-time recording technology so you never have to miss a moment in your favorite sport or drama
- its camera is equipped with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) technology, which keeps your photos blur-free and sharp
- features a physical anti-shake mechanism will allow you to take better videos
- equipped with a 13MP rear camera with Sony EXMOR technology as well as an 8MP front camera
- has an internal memory capacity of 16GB, though a Micro SD card slot ensures you can add up to 64GB to
- has 2450mAh Lithium Polymer battery that gives you up to four hours TV time, 15 hours talk time and up to 15 days on standby mode
2. The UP Vision (P5,990)
- has more streamlined power, but it still packs quite a punch
- the slimmest and lightest phone of the bunch, which means it’ll fit like a dream into most pockets and just about any purse
- it features an 1800-mAh battery that comes with up to 9 hours talk time and about 10 and a half days on standby mode
- has a 13MP rear camera that sports an AF Sony BSI lens with a Blue Glass Filter and an 8MP front camera from Samsung
3. The UP Max (P7,490)
- built to outlast its older siblings thanks to its ultra-amped up 5000mAH battery, which is the largest on any smartphone currently on the market. With it you can enjoy up to 10 hours DTV time, 24 hours talk time, and a whopping 41.25 days on standby mode.
- at 9.6mm—the slimmest for a phone with a 5000mAh battery
- its design remains sleek and ergonomically perfect in the palm.
- comes with a DTV antenna dongle which you can simply remove when you’re not watching TV
- this Android Lollipop-powered phone also comes with an enhanced user interface, better app compatibility, and improved security features, including mobile anti-theft technology and data protection.
- comes with a 13MP Sony IMX 135 with EXMOR RS sensor, which means you can snap photos in low-light and have them come out like a dream.
Visit the Starmobile website at www.starmobile.com.ph to learn more. You can also search for “Happy Man by Starmobile” on Facebook or follow @happymanPH on Twitter and Instagram.
Karina is not your ordinary supermom. She juggles her time bonding with her three amazing kids while being in the loop on the latest happenings in the tech and lifestyle scene. Follow me on Instagram (@digitalfilipina) regularly visit www.digitalfilipina.com for daily dose of updates not just for moms but for everyone!