Ever wonder why most moms always say that they don’t mind living in a not-so-gorgeous home, as long as its toilet is clean? The toilet is our top priority when it comes to cleaning the house. They also say that toilet is the reflection of the owner of the house. A neat and well-organized toilet means that whoever lives in that house has a high value of cleanliness.
There are illnesses that were associated with poor toilet sanitation such as diarrheal disease and parasitic worm infections. These can lead to nutritional deficiencies, physical and mental stunting, and death. Every day, millions of children in rural communities and urban households nationwide are exposed to these health problems by using dirty toilets populated by disease-carrying germs.
According to Dr. Luisa Efren of the Philippine Public Health Association (PPHA), the simple act of proper toilet sanitation can help prevent the spread of these germs. However, children continue to be at risk from these deadly diseases because many households still use ordinary laundry bleach to clean their toilet bowls, which is not enough to kill all toilet germs.
For the past three years, Unilever Philippines through its germ-kill expert brand Domex has been working with UNICEF and PPHA to champion the One Million Clean Toilets Movement. This advocacy program aims to educate Filipinos on proper toilet hygiene and the need for sanitized household toilet to keep their families safe against disease-causing germs.
Here is how I clean our toilet with the help of DOMEX; The Germ Kill Expert!
- Eliminate all other things around the toilet to avoid splashing cleanser or toilet water to them, otherwise it may cause you an extra cleanup.
- Flush the toilet with the lid down and add your choice among the Domex toilet experts (mine is the pink power). Make sure to follow the instructions written at the back of the packaging.
- Clean the outside of the toilet while the Domex solution soaks into the toilet inside the bowl. You may also use the Domex solution in cleaning the floor and other surfaces.
- Clean the toilet seat and the inside of the toilet bowl. Begin cleaning the bowl from the top down.
- Wipe up any drops of cleanser or water that may have occurred. Put away tools and trash. Replace the items removed in step 1. Enjoy a clean, safe and germ-free toilet!
Today, November 13, 2015 is the World Toilet Day, let us join the One Million Clean Toilets Movement in the fight against disease causing germs to save lives, one clean toilet at a time. I encourage you to do your part and take a pledge to save lives through simple steps.
With this, you will have a chance to win a a two-months worth of Domex cleaning gift packs!
- Just answer this simple question: “Who do you protect from disease causing germs? Who inspires you to keep your toilet at home clean and germ-free?”
- Take a photo of yourself or with your loved ones doing a checkmark hand gesture using your left hand and post them on Instagram or Twitter . Tag DigitalFilipina on IG @digitalfilipina or Twitter @digitalfilipina. Kindly use the hashtag #digitalfilipinaxdomexgiveaway #WorldToiletDay2015 #1MCleanToilet for easy tracking.
Winning is as simple as that!
Digital Filipina will choose and announce 10 winners until November 23 at 11PM.
*Winners may claim their prizes until December 15, 2015 somewhere in Makati (I’ll email the exact address to the winners.)
*Giveaway is open nationwide, but if you’re living in the provinces, make sure that you’ll have a relative or a friend who can pick up your prize.
Good luck! Join me in spreading awareness to fight against sicknesses with #OneMillionToiletMovement #WorldToiletDay2015 #1MCleanToilets campaign.