The time you spend online shouldn’t just be fun and relaxing. It is important to make sure that you are safe, too, as you browse the internet and share on social media. You can do this by checking that your privacy controls are properly set, and by practicing online etiquette whenever you comment and post.
TikTok is committed to maintaining a secure, positive, and welcoming environment where its users can creatively express themselves. Because of this, TikTok has made sure that you are in control of your safety while on the app, so you don’t need to worry. Here are five things that you can do to ensure a safe and secure user experience on TikTok.
- Keep your security settings updated. In only three steps, you can easily tweak each of the commenting, direct messaging, and duet settings on TikTok. You may find these in the Privacy and Settings menu on your profile. Be sure to check and update these regularly so you are always secure while you use the app.
- Put extra thought into your profile. Reveal just enough to let people learn more about who you are and what you post about. But also, avoid sharing details that might put your online and offline safety at risk, such as your daily schedule, bank information, and passwords and pins.
- Post positive content. Do your part in creating a happy online environment by choosing to post content that is positive and meaningful. Through this, you might attract more followers and commenters who are cheerful in nature, too.
- Filter your comments. Did you know that you can automatically filter out certain words from your comments? Keyword filters give you a say in how people reply to your posts, and help keep negativity off your feed.
- Report inappropriate behavior. With TikTok’s in-app reporting feature, you can easily flag any users or content that make you or others uncomfortable. When you do this, you are also contributing to the wellbeing of the entire TikTok community.
Watch out for more TikTok Safety Series posts and articles in the coming weeks so you, too, can help create a secure and fun online environment each time you use TikTok on your iOS and Android devices.
Karina is not your ordinary supermom. She juggles her time bonding with her three amazing kids while being in the loop on the latest happenings in the tech and lifestyle scene. Follow me on Instagram (@digitalfilipina) regularly visit www.digitalfilipina.com for daily dose of updates not just for moms but for everyone!